Wire in Bose Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kgdecker

Reaction score
There is a wire that goes from the back of the head unit of my 2004 tahoe to the amp that is a base wire in a clear plastic wrapping. Does anyone have an idea what that wire is?
Is it bad if that wire is bare rather than in the tubing near the plug that goes into the back of the radio?

My amp for some reason will not turn off and keeps a rather quiet noise running through my speakers. However its just enough energy to drain the battery if I don't drive it every day. Anyone? Help would be greatly appreciated!

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire is normally bare and is a drain wire that's purpose is to remove any residual or static charge from the components.

If you do wind up replacing the amp make sure to have someone with a Tech-2 go thru a set-up and calibration on the new amp.

kgdecker

Reaction score
What is a Tech-2? Wouldn't the amp I buy come calibrated just mine (i've never calibrated mine)

The wire is normally bare and is a drain wire that's purpose is to remove any residual or static charge from the components.

If you do wind up replacing the amp make sure to have someone with a Tech-2 go thru a set-up and calibration on the new amp.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tech 2 is a scanner they use to reprogram your computer. I'm not sure why you would need that just to replace an amp...doesn't make sense.