Wrecked 2008 z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

q z71

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I am writing to everyone to express how thankful me and my fiancé were last night when we ended up swerving off the highway at 65mph, down a huge embankment and finally coming to rest in a frozen creek. We walked away with only slight bruises. However, the "family truckster" was not so lucky. We have been blessed to be in this vehicle and we are going to replace it with another one.

It saved our lives!

Attachments

• DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 93

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know you're okay. You never know when to count your blessings.

08Zed71

Reaction score
I have that exact year, trim and color. Glad to hear it gave its life to save yours!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you and your family are OK. A real good reason not to drive a Smart car.

q z71

Reaction score
This is the exact reason that I love getting into arguments with people about SUVs and deer hunting. We hit a deer and it was icy and then we ran off the road. Take that you tree huggers!

q z71

Reaction score
Nope, I cancelled OnStar about a few months before. Bad choice. We were so far down in this ditch, (about 100 feet almost straight down) that no one could see us. And since it was snowing, and being in a white car, it made it a lot worse. Especially when it was almost 12 in the morning. Luckily, someone must have been drinking and called it in so we were down there for about 10-15 minutes dazed and confused before the cops showed up. LUckily, we were both perfectly fine. Just a few bruises from the airbags.