Xbox 360 hooked up to Nav screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwt4

Reaction score
Alright, here is my situation. I bought a 07 Denali with nav, but not RSE. I really want to get the lockpick and have DVD up front. Since I dont have the RSE, the front wont play DVD. If I get the GMX-320 Lockpick, could I hook a Xbox 360 up to it and hide it in the glove box. That would then give me the capability to play DVDs up front. Does anyone know if that would work?

chriskent85

Reaction score
yes, that will work. the only thing is your screen is always gonna show the warning display at the top. If you didn't care about playing your xbox, you would get a cheapo car dvd player that way you don't have to get an ac/dc converter, and the car dvd player keeps you place on the dvd when you shut the truck off. just a thought.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think of sticking my 360 in the glove box for a few reasons:
1. I'm never going to play the xbox while in the car as most games will be better on a larger screen
2. Sticking it in the glove box will likely cause it to overheat
3. Any bump you hit in the road will likely scratch your disk (MS out out a bulletin saying not to move your 360 at all while it is running for this reason).

I'm with chriskent85, if all you want is dvd play, just get a portable dvd player or something.

Last edited: