XM and Sirius Combine Channel Line-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any Deals? I need to renew my subscription next Month (December). My free year is up. I only want the basic. I rarely used it.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had sirius before i got the XM with the tahoe

I think sirius is better than xm... all the "best of sirius" channels are not the best channels

I think it is better to save the 4 bucks a month and just get the base package of xm, almost all of my favorite sirius channels are now part of the "base" subscription

thats my 2 cents but to each his own

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had sirius before i got the XM with the tahoe

I think sirius is better than xm... all the "best of sirius" channels are not the best channels

I think it is better to save the 4 bucks a month and just get the base package of xm, almost all of my favorite sirius channels are now part of the "base" subscription

thats my 2 cents but to each his own

+1. Totally Agree. I never even listen to the channels that are offered in the "Best Of" packages anyhow. I'm just excited that Radio Margaritaville and some of the other rock channels are now on XM.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......I think sirius is better than xm... all the "best of sirius" channels are not the best channels

I think it is better to save the 4 bucks a month and just get the base package of xm, almost all of my favorite sirius channels are now part of the "base" subscription ....

I'm tending to agree with you. I subscribe to both XM and Sirius, and both of my subscriptions are renewed just about the same time. I've been a rabid Howard Stern fan since he started simulcasting into Philly back in the early 80's. But I'm growing tired of all the "no broadcast days" i.e. every Friday, long holidays, and weeks of vacations. There are also more and more commercials being worked into the broadcast. 'and since he can use any language he wants, I think I find him less funny that he was before trying to tip toe around the FCC guidelines. I was initially looking forward to getting Howard on XM, but now I'm begining to rethink adding the Best Of Sirius package. Don't get me wrong. I will never...ever go back to terrestrial radio. But my thinking is leaning to renewing just plain old XM, and getting a second discounted subscription for a portable receiver to use in the other cars I own.

bkooman

Reaction score
Are there any Deals? I need to renew my subscription next Month (December). My free year is up. I only want the basic. I rarely used it.

I used a promotion code "ZWINBACK" when I renewed. I think the promotional price was $77/yr and if you used a credit card it was only $65/yr. Not 100% positive...

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3 month free trial runs out early December. XM sent me a subscription package. 3 mo. @$20.97 or 1 year @ $142.45. Doesn't make any sense to me. Why sign up for a year @ $11.87 a mo. when I can get it for $6.99 per mo. for 3 months? I will probably sign up for 3 months and see what happens in March '09.
I also love that Led Zeppelin has it's own channel. Is that a temporary thing because I don't see that in the channel lineup.
Thanks, Joe

randyp

Reaction score
My free trial ended in September. I expected phone calls from XM right away but instead received a bunch of snail mails.

When they did start calling I held off talking with them for awhile. I didn't want to mess with it at the time. While I LIKE XM I don't LOVE it. I bet they were hating life when IPOD came out!

Today, I signed back up for $20 for 5 months. It was $3.99 / month. The other option was $77/yr.
Yes, in 5 months I'll probably have to cancel it, wait a bit, and work out a new deal. Oh well, it gives me a chance to try the new lineup.
FYI, this pricing was only offered after I said no thanks to the 1st deal they offered.

Also this package does not include any of the Sirius channels. They seemed to want a premium for the stations. Not worth it in my book.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a Sirius subscriber for a year because I'm a Stern fan but switched over to XM when the merge was finalized. I'm glad they combined the channels because I really didn't enjoy the playlists on XM as much. I'm extra happy that they transferred over the Underground Garage because I was really missing it.

I think it sucks that they kept the Best of Sirius "cash grab" package. Sirius subscribers get to listen to Stern as part of their basic fee but XM subscribers get shafted by having to fork out extra money.