Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmilek

Reaction score
I have a 2007 tahoe that I bought used a while ago. When I first got it and put the nav disc in, it showed the XM tab when scrolling through audio, but it said there was a problem. After about having it for 2 weeks it disappeared. I've just kinda forgotten about it through the years. Recently I pulled my glovebox down and realized that the XM module was missing. Apparantely the previous owner removed the XM module before selling it to me! I have no idea how all of that works, so I am not sure if I have to try to find the exam part that was in my car or if I can get any brand/part # XM module. Since my tahoe is obviously capable of XM since the nav system recognized that there was XM, I don't know if I have to get a particular kind or not. Can someone please help me with this??
Thanks so much!

matthews417

Reaction score
Wish I knew. I just bought a 2007 Tahoe last Wednesday. XM worked fine for two days. Now screen shows "Preview" for every channel. Had no clue there was a chip in the glove box.

airplaneman777

Reaction score
I know what part your talking about. I have a spare one that I am selling. Dealer charges $200, im adking $50. Let me know if your interested.

cmilek

Reaction score
Is anything wrong with it and do i just have to simply put it in the case like structure behind the glove box and plug it in?

cmilek

Reaction score
but I have heard through numerous people that you would have to bring it to a dealership to have them "flash" it before it will work in another vehicle with a different vin# than the one it was originally with?

airplaneman777

Reaction score
Not true. Its just the radio that has to get flashed, not the xm module. The module is just plug and play