year bluetooth and music was introduced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

td3201

Reaction score
Hello,

First post on the forum. Considering a Tahoe purchase but want to ensure I have the features I want. One of those is the ability to do bluetooth music streaming. I understand that I can do auxiliary ports for hard wired hookups but I am more interested in a wireless connection. Which year/model was this introduced? I appreciate the guidance. I am also not afraid to go aftermarket with my stereo but would prefer to avoid that hassle if I can find the right vehicle. Thanks all!

TD

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Honestly, I don't know what year models have that available from the factory, but I am sure that someone here knows...

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though some older models will have blue tooth, it will not stream music through bluetooth. The new generation "mylink" system will have this feature, but will still require a usb cable for the music side. This system is not yet available in 2012 or previous models. It may be included in the 2013 model...has not been announced yet.

cpezie

Reaction score
I have an 2013 LTZ w/ the premium system and it doesn't have Bluetooth streaming which is pathetic by the way. :(
This is just another missing feature like push button start. But my wife wanted it so she drives it more then I do.

mp1991

Reaction score
Updating to MyLink

Is there a way to update a 2007 Tahoe's nav system with the new operating system used in the new Tahoes? Or just update the screen so that it can play bluetooth music while displaying the song title? I just want a way to update to something that isn't so dated.