yet another problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so believe I got the vacuum line situation taken care of on the tahoe. drove it up to gas station for sum gas. well parked it, 20 min later walk by and hear the fuel pump going. unplugged it on the frame so I know for a fact thats what I was hearing. plugged back in and still running, kinda hear what sounds like a vacuum leak there too? its raining, cold and dark, and have no garage so have to look at it later but was wondering if anybody had experienced the same problems. maybe get a starting point. the gas gauge has been pegged since I bought it so probably just need to replace the whole sending unit but any info helpful as of now. thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the fuel pump is running, then possibly your relay is stuck...... Or bad oil pressure sender, assuming of course these newer FI rigs use the OP sender to engage the pump also. What year is it again?

adam74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95 tbi 5.7 motor

The oil pressure gauge is a lil screwy. It does go higher when running but never zeros out. Jus figured its typical cluster problems from those years. Did not think to look at the gauge at the time.

Last edited:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my schematic for my 95, the Oil Presure switch does also key the pump up.... Orange wire is power feed to, grey wire is power feed to splice that feeds pump, pull the relay, if the pump still runs the sender is bad, if it stops the relay is bad.

Good luck...

adam74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well of course it woudlnt do it today after plugging the harness back in, just my luck lol. thanks for the info though Ill know exactly what to do next time it acts up.

adam74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never had the same problem but ended up replacing the oil sending unit and it reads accurately now. no more random readings lol. also ended up replacing the sending unit and pump in the tank which fixed the gas gauge.