Yukon amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukno98

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have a 98 yukon. i just bought new speakers (eclipse and memphis) and an eclipse xa4200 4/3/2 class d amp. i have a lot of questions so anyone who is willing to share some knowledge of this truck with me, it will be greatly apreciated. first off the stock smplifier, ive been told 'in the dash' or under the glove box. how do i go about bypassing it to install my new amp? thanks in advance

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well not sure about bypassing it but i do know that it only runs your rear doors

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it bose or no bose?
if its not the bose system it only runs your rear doors and it is under the dash. theres pics of it in the first thread in a/v and if you go the the end of the thread i put up a write up on bypassing it.
if its bose, i've heard the amp is under the center console, but im not sure exactly.

the goose

Reaction score
well if have a four door yukon ther is a factory amplifier running the back door speakers. If you plan on changing the rear speakers and using an after market amplifier you will have to bypass the amp. Most of the time the factory amplifier is under the dash. I think some models have the amplifier under the driver seat. It should be above the gas pedal in the lower dash. the out put end of the amplifier should be accessible. u should be able to unplug the wiring harness that has the wires directly to the speaker. i forget the which wires it is but it should have a red wire a tan a maybe a white. But if you have a meter you can ohm the wires out and figure out what wires are the speakers. Once you have found the wires you could use a 9 volt battery out of a drill and pop the speakers and figure the phase of them.