Yukon grill help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towdrag

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove my 07 Yukon grill to install a new grill insert? I believe I just need to remove the center grill but I've heard that the whole front end will have to be removed. I remopved the 8 bolts for the center section but the grill still won't come off.

M

mikefdny

Hi TOWDRAG,
The front bumper cover must be removed to reach hidden bolts holding the grill to the front end. Some of the bolts are in the wheel wells. There are approx. 20 fasteners to remove. The headlights stay in place. Hope this helps.

Zzzz

Reaction score
Tow,

Aside from the 8 bolts from the center section, there are 8 tabs(2 on each side and 4 across the bottom) that are holding the grille in place. If you look closely around the grille you can kind of see where they are. I was able to change mine out without removing the bumper cover because I already had the Denali grille that I purchased from one of the other members and I could look at that grille and see exactly where the tabs were and in what direction I needed to apply pressure to pop them out. After I got the first one, I was able to pop out the other 7 within 5 minutes. Removing the 2 screws holding in the front fascia right next to the headlights helped to give me a little more arm room.

Obviously mikefdny's suggestion is the right way to do it. Just letting you know, that's how I did it.

towdrag

Reaction score
Thanks both of you, it was a little more work than I expected, but after work today I removed the bumper cover and swapped the grill.