0% interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moosic

Reaction score
Seems like the dealers aren't willing to deal much with this 0% sale going on?

Have others experienced this?

I'd like to get a 2008 Tahoe with leather seats, nav and second row bucket seats. I'm in San Diego. Best I've been able to get is $42500 for an LT2.

Last edited:

08SummitHoe

Reaction score
i was able to get 0% back in march when i picked up my 08 tahoe. i got the lt1...why isnt your dealer willing to deal with the 0%?

moosic

Reaction score
i was able to get 0% back in march when i picked up my 08 tahoe. i got the lt1...why isnt your dealer willing to deal with the 0%?

just seems like they're unwilling to negotiate. they have a take it or leave it attitude. I'm going to another dealership this afternoon.

does anyone know of a site that will tell you what GM is offering the dealers in terms of a holdback or other dealer incentives. I want to make sure I get a good deal.

thanks

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine back in March at o%.

If you are having trouble with salesman, go through the internet, you can get quotes from many dealers and then work them against each other. One other bargaining chip is that I get a fleet discount though my company with Ford. I told them that I can just as easily go by an Expedition for a few grand cheaper and more options.... (of course that would never happen). This whole process took about a month and a half, but I ended up with a price $500 above cost and a dealer that I was happy with. You could spend a day or two at a dealership and maybe end up with the same result, but I don't have time or patience to go through that. This was my second new vehicle and I will never go through the dealership again. All I had to do was go in, sign some paperwork, drop a check, take my keys and drive away!!!!!:D

Oh, P.S.

Who's to say that you don't have a Ford Fleet discount too:shhh:

gbleezy

Reaction score
I just bought a new 08 Tahoe LTZ last week with dvd/nav and RSE. The sticker price was a little over $53K and I got it for $46K out the door with the 0%. I guess it depends where you go and how well the Tahoe's are selling.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stopped by the dealer this afternoon to ask about ordering an '09. 0%, at invoice, takes 6 to 8 weeks, no hassle and very pleasant.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be a real nifty trick since the 0.0% (thru GMAC) is not offered on 2009 models and it expires tomorrow.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would have been really good if you had gone at the end of the month instead of going at the beginning of the month. Dealers are way more flexible at the end of the month as they want to meet a quota in inventory sold.

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
I just bought a new 08 Tahoe LTZ last week with dvd/nav and RSE. The sticker price was a little over $53K and I got it for $46K out the door with the 0%. I guess it depends where you go and how well the Tahoe's are selling.

That's over $10K below sticker if you consider tax, tag and all other extras. That is an excellent price; I would say.
Where was this and did you have to deal a lot to get the price?

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
That would be a real nifty trick since the 0.0% (thru GMAC) is not offered on 2009 models and it expires tomorrow.

I'm torn between getting a good price for an 08 or waiting for the 6 speed 09...:shhh:

moosic

Reaction score
Got one

I got an LTZ for $40k+TTL. They're going to install Factory Nav and rear camera next week. It was a "demo" unit. It has 6500 miles though. I took it back to the office and one of my co-workers noticed a dent in the front bumper. It look liked someone backed a trailer hitch into it. They're supposed to fix that next week as well. I took the 0% for 72 months financing.

Did I get screwed?

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevrolet is offering 0% for 72 months and it's not a real nifty trick, it is just what they are offering and that includes ordering an '09.....that's what the dealer said and it is what is being advertised.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wrong. I just checked and could not find any 0% on '09s. The information that I got was from a Hummer/Chevrolet dealership in Georgia (via e-mail) and I must have misread it (or wishful thinking). For sure the dealer I visited yesterday said he would sell at invoice (was pleasant and didn't bat an eye when I asked) and said if they had any coupons he would include one of those as well (but added that he does not know if the factory will hand out coupons at this time). He said that they have all the information for ordering (but no brochures) and it would take 6 to 8 weeks. Sorry for my mistake.

gbleezy

Reaction score
That's over $10K below sticker if you consider tax, tag and all other extras. That is an excellent price; I would say.
Where was this and did you have to deal a lot to get the price?

This was in Tracy, CA. I went at the end of the month cuz i thought the 0% was going to end but they told me it was being extended. i knew the end of the month was a good time to buy so i actually didn't have to deal too hard.

This delearship is now under new management and they have like 12 Tahoe's that have just been sitting there so i think they are just trying to get rid of them.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an LTZ for $40k+TTL. They're going to install Factory Nav and rear camera next week. It was a "demo" unit. It has 6500 miles though. I took it back to the office and one of my co-workers noticed a dent in the front bumper. It look liked someone backed a trailer hitch into it. They're supposed to fix that next week as well. I took the 0% for 72 months financing.

Did I get screwed?

Demo unit or not, if it's an LTZ it should already have the NAV and rear camera installed in it already. Something smells fishy to me.

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
I just went to the GM site. They are offering a special discount for Armed forces personnel. I have actually calculated the discount is between 8% and 9% below MSRP.

I'm thinking I can get better than that on a gas guzzler that's just sitting in a lot with not a customer in the lot. Which is what I've been seeing in S. Florida lately.

I'm checking inventories regular and am seeing the same vin numbers every time I check.
:yesnod:

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to the GM site. They are offering a special discount for Armed forces personnel. I have actually calculated the discount is between 8% and 9% below MSRP.

I'm thinking I can get better than that on a gas guzzler that's just sitting in a lot with not a customer in the lot. Which is what I've been seeing in S. Florida lately.

I'm checking inventories regular and am seeing the same vin numbers every time I check.
:yesnod:

The new military, etc. discount is just Supplier price (a set discounted price for GM Suppliers, basically) that's above invoice. They offer the same to college grads, which I just used. The prices look better on the site, if you've briefly looked, because they show Supplier + cash rebates and such also.

Supplier isn't the best deal in town if you're up for some bargaining and have a willing dealer, above invoice which a lot will automatically sell at or below, but it's quick and easy. On the big trucks, you can typically do better without.

tasi

Reaction score
~$41,600 out the door (Fremont, CA).

2008 Tahoe LT1 package, plus leather, backup sensors, 3rd row, remote start, power pedals, rear lock, bose premium sound.

It was $200 under invoice ($36,609) and the leather cost $1350 to install.

We closed the deal on Sun Jun 30th. The dealer was great, no pressure, very easy to deal with.

I did a competitive bid via email, so much easier and better than visiting a dealer.

T.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy used, I just bought am 07 ltz with 18k miles for 27k at auction.. but then again that is dealers only, so expect to pay around 31 for 07 ltz.