01 Tahoe brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julian Byrne

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having issues with the rear brakes hanging up on my Tahoe. I have replaced both calipers all rubber lines in the back and made sure to grease everything thoroughly, I bled them myself (as I've done many times with previous vehicles) as well as my mechanic, and they are still hanging up. Any ideas as to the issue?
Thanks

PNW NBS Z71

Reaction score
You said you greased everything. Did you clean all corrosion and debris before greasing and where did you grease at. "Everything" doesn't tell me much. With any brake work, "cleanliness is next to Godliness". Was all pins and hardware replaced? I have seen pins be slightly bent that hang a caliper up. Is it the calipers hanging up or the park brake shoes hanging up? Is the park brake adjusted right and all working parts in good shape inside the drum adjusted and clean and lubed? Is there a pinch at a hard line feeding fluid to the rear hoses?

corvette744

Reaction score
Parking brake shoes are not adjusted right.Raise the rear spin the wheels to see drag if draggin back off the adjusters.