03 Seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepxtreme

Reaction score
Ok..... I've scoured these boards and I see this is a pretty common problem, and I've tried pretty much everything that has been offered up... I've checked fuses, wire connections (and might I add that there's a lot of wires and plugs and fuses for everything), etc.... Anyhoo...
I just bought this 03 Tahoe and everything worked fine. My drivers seat controls and my heated seats, (on both sides) have recently quit working. My passenger seat controls still work fine, minus the heat, but not the driver's side.... Any ideas????
I have the seat in an ok spot, so it's not a terrible thing, but it'd sure be nice to have them working again.... And I'm way up north in Michigan, so the heat would be nice too... :eek:)

Thanks for reading

Scott

Last edited:

Lowufo

Reaction score
I am thinking a fuse or relay. Sounds like you need to get a schematic and start checking wiring. Start with simple stuff like fuse, main plug under seat stuff like that considering all functions are out.

Tufong

Reaction score
Heat controlled by same sorce as movement of seat ,mirrors,gas and brake 30 amp cb behind em brake mine heating elements causing heat to shut down in 2 min to just 10 sec . Main plug in rear of seat drivers side check for juice thru connection double checking for good ground .main control for all those things are towards in middle of seat

Jeepxtreme

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it all started working again...... I'll take note of what happens when/if it cuts out again....

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it quits again, take a small hammer and tap on the motor lightly under the seat(easy access) and see if it helps JMHO, good luck.
david g.

Tufong

Reaction score
Great to hear that chances are its in the main connector in rear of seat were passengers stick their feet. Originally there was a cover protecting the connection. Good luck with it

Bruno1

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My whipers work some times, my drivers side seat controls dont work, but my passengers side seat controls do. Both front seat heaters do not work. I have checked all the fuses, ground wires, and connections. Any other ideas would be appreaciated.

Tufong

Reaction score
Do you get any lights on the heater switch? Do the wipers stop in mid wipe? When you try to move the seat , do you hear any noise? Do your brake and gas pedal move or the mirrors?

Jeepxtreme

Reaction score
It stopped working again.... I get no lights on the heater switch... The pedals, the mirrors and the wipers work. (The wipers work a little too good sometimes... Every once in a while, they don't shut off...) The motor under the seat makes no noise at all.
I've checked and double checked all visible connections and fuses... I'll keep tinkering and see what happens..
Thanks for all the replies so far.... :eek:)

Tufong

Reaction score
It's sounds just like a ground problem. Might be main grounding problem. Ground strapping Broken up near cowl under hood and or under dash driver side. Headlights and such working fine?