04 Tahoe feels like it floats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie7644

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the site. Just picked up my 2004 Chevy Tahoe LT it has a new 3" skyjacker lift with brand new bilsteen shocks brand new tires and all. All and all the truck rides smooth. The problem I'm having is when I stomp on it it feels like the front end lifts off the ground and it shoots hard to the left then if I left off fast it shoots hard to the right. When I'm driving down the road it feels like the front end is like a boat constantly swaying plus a little play in the steering wheel. I have checked everything nothing is loose that I can see. I hope I'm not the only one with this issue!!

jerrysdog

Reaction score
I just got an 04 an have a the same problem , tried to tighten the steering box but realized the play was the inputshaft on the box . move the wheel back and forth slightly with someone looking at the steering colunm where it goes in the box to see if there is play . Lookins like im changing mine .

Tahoe noob

Reaction score
I just got an 04 an have a the same problem , tried to tighten the steering box but realized the play was the inputshaft on the box . move the wheel back and forth slightly with someone looking at the steering colunm where it goes in the box to see if there is play . Lookins like im changing mine .
jerry's dog I've been told you can tighten the steering wheel side of the box too did u have to replace the box.