05 tahoe climate control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTOJOE05

Reaction score
any of you guys had this problem??

my 05 front blower motor stopped working ,it has the digital climate control and when i was messing around with it i noticed that when you press the a/c the snow flake icon flashes and shuts off , and when you press the recirculate button the little led on the button flashes too,and the flap buttons are working you can hear the flaps open and close. the rear heater and blower works fine and i checked the blower and the hvac fuses and there ok.

does it mean theres a fault when those lights flash?

is there a way to access a diagnostic mode on the digital climate control by pressing certain buttons??

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thay flash because they can't be engaged. Probably because you blower doesn't work.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 Denali does the same thing, thought something was wrong until I read the owners manual about it in detail. Mine says that the climate control is a little more smarter than I thought, it won't let you turn on a function unless it feels like it should be on, that's why it blinks at you and turns off!! Check out your owners manual in depth about the climate control, it will all make a lot more sense what I am talking about.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same with my Tahoe, but as long as the blower doesn't work AC and Resirc won't engage.

fishandfly

Reaction score
My 04 denali does something similar, but slightly different:
A/C and Recirc lights just flash ( which I read are normal)
Airflow only comes out the floor vents no matter the setting
Temperature is only warm no matter what temperature you set

Fan pushes air just fine.

Anyone have advice for this?

jimsnorton

Reaction score
'03 dual climate control problems

my 05 front blower motor stopped working ,it has the digital climate control and when i was messing around with it i noticed that when you press the a/c the snow flake icon flashes and shuts off , and when you press the recirculate button the little led on the button flashes too,and the flap buttons are working you can hear the flaps open and close. the rear heater and blower works fine and i checked the blower and the hvac fuses and there ok.

does it mean theres a fault when those lights flash?

is there a way to access a diagnostic mode on the digital climate control by pressing certain buttons??

Anything new on this? My '03 has most of these issues, plus my rear A/C only blows cold air, never warm, front blower does not work.