05 tahoe loss of power and other stuff!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blick

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but not new to working on Tahoes unfortunately....I have an 05 Z71 and I've done more to it that I care to remember so far.

My new issue is that I have no power whatsoever. the truck isn't missing, no check engine lights, or anything like that. I just changed the fuel pump due to the metal lines rusting. Air filter is brand new. Gonna change plugs just to be sure that's not it, but I'm guessing it's Computer related.

I'm also having issues with a Service 4wd message. I've replaced the Shift motor on the transfer case, both control modules in the dash, and the transfer case itself, but it still flashes the same error. The truck often tells me that its in 4X4, AUTO, or neutral when its not, and sometimes it goes into 4X4 when I start it by itself.

It also started engaging the ABS everytiime I tried to stop so for the time being I pulled the ABS fuse. Now I have conventional brakes, but I have service braking system errors and lights all over my dash lit up.

I also just started having a Service Airbag issue light come on, and my tire pressure system reads 3 out 4 tires is not sending signal to the vehicle.

I know that there is a PCM and an ECM on the thing, can anyone tell me if there's any relation to the issues I have and if one of theh two controllers is more likely the issue? Or...is there any way to test the PCM or ECM?