07 LTZ Rear Defrost Cable Came off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHall15

Reaction score
Have any of you guys had this problem? One day I look in my review mirror and I see the cable dangling around. I know it is covered under warranty just a pain to go back to the dealer and get it fixed.

Auburn

Reaction score
Mine came off as well. They started to give me issue with it at the dealer saying I might have to pay but then the covered it under warranty.

carshius

Reaction score
Just noticed that the cable in My wife's 07 Tahoe came off the window as well. Might turn into a big problem.....:wow:

carshius

Reaction score
mine broke off at the solder joint. there is no indication of it aving been bent off or pulled off. it looks like it just kinda fell off....

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM had a repair kit for this issue years ago. Two part cement/ solder that current will go through and you can reattach item in question with no problem. We used to repair broken defroster lines in rear glass with this kit. You have to ask your local Parts Dept., as I dont have a part number.

DHall15

Reaction score
The ones that have taken this back to the dealership, how long has it taken to get repaired? I hate having to go through the process of getting another vehicle. They seem to always give me crap about getting one.

Last edited:

carshius

Reaction score
mine has not gone in yet, but i'll try to remember to post how it goes...

Tcwhite

Reaction score
My dad just gad this problem and took it into the dealership and they are replacing the whole back window. I thought they could just resolder it but they said they would replace it under warranty.

DHall15

Reaction score
A hole new window seems a bit uneeded but whatever they want to do. I am going to call the dealership in the next couple of days we will see what happens.

DHall15

Reaction score
I am getting this repaired today, will post results. Got my local dealer to pick the truck up at work and bring it back...

DHall15

Reaction score
Got it back from the dealer last night, they just soidered (sp) back on, we will see how long it lasts.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad just gad this problem and took it into the dealership and they are replacing the whole back window. I thought they could just resolder it but they said they would replace it under warranty.

My dealer ordered an entire new back glass. This appears to be happening a lot.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!

I got my new rear glass replaced today. Total time from front desk to handing me the keys was 1 hour, 20 minutes.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had the problem yet, but reading about so many falling off I stretched the curly wires out so there's not as much pull on them when you open the back window. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.......I stretched the curly wires out so there's not as much pull on them when you open the back window............

That's a good idea, and I noticed that it was done to mine when they installed the new glass. Mine pulled off when I opened the glass in 10 degree F. temperature, and the coil was stiff.

Last edited:

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting. Anybody do a poll on how many that pulled off were in a colder area like yours? Where do you live? I'm in California (little bit warmer here) so maybe it won't be a problem. Pulled those curly wires anyway though.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in central Massachusetts. Note that it pulled off the first time I popped the glass this winter. I normally use the entire rear tailgate, but I was showing a friend that rediculous looking little hole in that giant tailgate.