07 Tahoe LTZ Lowering Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

scott_mckinney

Hey Guys. I am working with a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, with AutoRide. Has anyone lowered these or have any experience with it? What kit was used? How did you like the new handling & appearance? Any issues with the Autoride or dash lights? Trying to figure out which kit works and appears the best. Images would be nice too. Please advise.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Lots of recent threads on this subject in the past couple of weeks. Here are the links:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4853
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4572
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=4611

I am installing my Pedders lowering springs and rear shocks on my Suburban this evening.

Check in with Frank Beck, the proprietor at www.rocksandracingllc.com and probably the main Pedders distributer in the U.S.. I have dealt with him personally and he's truely a great guy. If you don't think your Tahoe will be capable after this mod then check this video!

http://www.peddersusa.com/Video/Police_Tahoe_Video.wmv

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. Alright, so bascially I need a good kit with replacement front and rear springs, and need to trim the bump stops... Do I need any new replacement shocks or OEM work fine? Also, do I need to adjust the air ride any for proper function? I do not want to lose ride quality...

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Alright, so bascially I need a good kit with replacement front and rear springs, and need to trim the bump stops... Do I need any new replacement shocks or OEM work fine? Also, do I need to adjust the air ride any for proper function? I do not want to lose ride quality...

Pedders products: 4 springs and 4 new rods for air ride. OEM struts are fine.
Contact "the Pedders Man" (Frank Beck). He is distributor for this line. His cell is 908 892 1882. Mention my name......he knows me well.

Last edited:

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him myself about 5 minutes ago. He's in my neck of the woods attending a conference right across the San Fran bay from where I'll be installing my springs tonight. He mentioned your name again Johnebgoode and how much you like your drop.

I can confirm OEM struts are fine, as are the rear shocks, but he was kind enough for me to try out the Pedders rear shocks as well as a nice little upgrade. Looking forward to it!

If you do talk to Frank, please mention me as well (Ken)!

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him myself about 5 minutes ago. He's in my neck of the woods attending a conference right across the San Fran bay from where I'll be installing my springs tonight. He mentioned your name again Johnebgoode and how much you like your drop.

I can confirm OEM struts are fine, as are the rear shocks, but he was kind enough for me to try out the Pedders rear shocks as well as a nice little upgrade. Looking forward to it!

If you do talk to Frank, please mention me as well (Ken)!

:thumbsup:

S

scott_mckinney

Also, do I need to adjust the air ride any for proper function? I do not want to lose ride quality...

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I get these? How do I know which ones to purchase?

If you buy the Pedders kit Frank will know what to send you, just ask for them.

Fronts
DSC00242.jpg

Rears
DSC00260.jpg

Last edited:
S

scott_mckinney

Hi. What is the email address for Frank, to purchase the Pedders kit?

S

scott_mckinney

Has anyone experienced the difference with their Pedders kit with stock OEM shocks & the upgraded shocks they provided? Just deciding whether to leave the OEM or upgrade shocks. I am definitely going to be using their lowering kit, within the next few weeks...

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could say that I've tried the springs with and without the upgraded Pedders rear shocks, but I can't. I installed both at the same time. What I do know for certain is that these products are well matched and work great with one another. Recognize I am using the stock z71 struts up front; which are probably already slightly better than standard non-z71 struts too. Heck, even if you had to wait to upgrade the rears due to current money constraints, its an easy, relatively cheap upgrade later.

the pedders man

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the difference with their Pedders kit with stock OEM shocks & the upgraded shocks they provided? Just deciding whether to leave the OEM or upgrade shocks. I am definitely going to be using their lowering kit, within the next few weeks...

Scott you can do the springs then Do the shocks and Bushings and Then you can See the Change.....Frank

S

scott_mckinney

Hi Frank. I appreciate your help! I am awaiting your email.