07+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, first off this thread is not meant to offend anyone. just want opinions...
im am really disappointed in the design of the new GM900's. its not that they dont look good but they are way to similar in design. you can buy 6000 worth of new caddilac parts and turn your tahoe into an escalade! the 00-06 there were noticable differences that made each of them unique but now it seems like they are the same except the badging. maybe im just not looking close enough. now i havent seen the inside of these vehicles being that i dont like car lots, so if anyone can prove me wrong i would like to know.:D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you got some stuff mixed up there gamer,

06-tahoe 4.8 L 285 STANDARD on base, go up in trim and get a 5.3 L 295 hp ( i just say 300 hp) the 06 yukon is just the same up to SLT.

07 tahoe, 5.3 L 320 or 310 with 4wd and flex, Yukon is the same up to an SLT.

07 Suburban and yukon xl, also have the 5.3 but also have a 3/4 ton and can have a 353 Hp 6.0 L.

06 yukon denali/xl- 6.0 335 hp engine

07 yukon/xl denali- 6.2 380 hp engine.

06 cadillac esclade- 6.0 vortec MAX 345 hp
07 cadillac esclade- 6.2 403 hp.

i agree with the look of the yukons front end that it could be better, but its not awful, the yukon and suburban all have different fronts 00-07, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the aggressive look of the tahoes and suburbans, just screams IM BIG, MEAN, AND POWERFUL STAY OUT OF MY WAY :Chevy: :Chevy:

thats why i went with an 06 yukon insted of an 07 because i love the 06 look but not the 07 look, but like gmc better than chevy, just becuase that was my first car that i paid for, a gmc k5 jimmy. anyway i was willing to go buy an 07 tahoe but the dealers were just real jerks and the gmc dealers were real frendly i guess because we have delt with them since 96.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i think you got some stuff mixed up there gamer,

06-tahoe 4.8 L 285 STANDARD on base, go up in trim and get a 5.3 L 295 hp ( i just say 300 hp) the 06 yukon is just the same up to SLT.

07 tahoe, 5.3 L 320 or 310 with 4wd and flex, Yukon is the same up to an SLT.

07 Suburban and yukon xl, also have the 5.3 but also have a 3/4 ton and can have a 353 Hp 6.0 L.

06 yukon denali/xl- 6.0 335 hp engine

07 yukon/xl denali- 6.2 380 hp engine.

06 cadillac esclade- 6.0 vortec MAX 345 hp
07 cadillac esclade- 6.2 403 hp.

i agree with the look of the yukons front end that it could be better, but its not awful, the yukon and suburban all have different fronts 00-07, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the aggressive look of the tahoes and suburbans, just screams IM BIG, MEAN, AND POWERFUL STAY OUT OF MY WAY :Chevy: :Chevy:

thats why i went with an 06 yukon insted of an 07 because i love the 06 look but not the 07 look, but like gmc better than chevy, just becuase that was my first car that i paid for, a gmc k5 jimmy. anyway i was willing to go buy an 07 tahoe but the dealers were just real jerks and the gmc dealers were real frendly i guess because we have delt with them since 96.

Thank you I stand corrected.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gotta agree with you there. I like '06 Yukons way better than '07 Yukons, especially when comparing Denalis.I like the 04~06 Denalis here from the likes of Bowtie and Whipple better than the new ones.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your point, HOWEVER...

I think what turns people off about the new Yukons' front end is the headlights. I personally delayed my purchase last year for quite a while because I just wasn't "taken" with the new body style. Hey, I like the Hoe/Burb front end better.

BUT, all it took was one overnight loaner test drive experience to sell me over my 2004 Yukon XL Denali. I figure someone will come out with some cool new projector headlight assemblies and change the look of the 07+ front end sooner or later anyway. I went and drove an Escalade ESV as well, but could not justify the extra cost over Yukon Denali for some cosmetic differences and a different engine & tranny tune, even with my GMS discounts and hefty trade-in.

We love our 2007 XL Denali. NO comparison to the 2004. With the mods, I'm easily pushing 425HP and 450LB/FT torque. Faster and throatier than the '07 ESV I had up to 110 on my test drive (with the wide-eyed sales guy in the front seat - hey, he said "go for it" so I did!). The six speed tranny in the 07+ Denali crushes the 2004's 4-speed, especially when towing. I also quickly noticed how quiet and more comfortable the cabin is in general. There's even more front-to-back leg room (not tons, but there is more due to slightly thinner seats mostly) in the 07+ XL, which was important for me since I have a large family.

BUT, if I was a potential buyer today, just looking for a ride that I could mod and have lots of fun with, I would pick a 2000-2006 since there's tons of proven aftermarket parts.

Bottom line for me: I do like the look of the ESV more so than Denali for the NBS, but the premium costs are too much IMO, and therefore I agree in that sense with the OP. BUT, am I upset I spent my money on my 07 Denali? Does it SOUND like it?!?!? :rolleyes:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a while for me to like the new GM900's too, I tought they were ugly, and "chunky," I almost gave GM the finger when I first saw the Silverado pictures in Car and Driver, but when I saw the Silverado on the road, drove one at the dealership I realized what a good looking vehicle it was. I did the same thing with the Tahoe, after I drove it and looked at it I really loved it. Now I just drool at them every time I see one. I think they really look good and like a Tahoe and Yukon should! I absolutely love the Denali, except for the rear lights, sometimes they look good, sometimes they don't. But the engine makes up for em!! :Chevy:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i loved the tahoe as soon as they came out, but being a smart shopper i never buy a first year model. i also didnt like that they produced AN 07 10 DAYS IN TO THE NEW YEAR OF 06. :SHOCK:

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sorry, I still think they are some of the most ugly vehicles on the road in my opinion. Im sure they are great trucks, probly better made then ever. They just dont jive my chicken. But I also think ALL the domestic car company's truck's are insanly ugly. The only truck with the latest body style I like is the Titan. I think the last generation of Tahoes/Yukons and the last two of the Silverado's/Sierra's are the best looking out there. All IMO....

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, it goes both ways, i like them but i dont LOVE the new 07 design, i LOVE THE really old ones like the 87-90 and i love the 00-06 which i why i bought an 06 liked the look aton better, if i were to buy a silverado though i would get it in a classic style.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each his own! I suppose the NBS-haters are all entitled to their own opinions, even if they are wrong. :lol: Just kidding; I don't think anyone on this forum expects that everyone will agree on one particular year / style being the "best"... Just look at the range of variants/styles/options that GM has produced over the years. Seems we do agree however that the 2000-2006's are pretty hot, especially when modded-out. Betcha in 20 years we'll look back at all of these and say "MAN - what a POS!!! I can't believe we drove those things!!!". :D