1996 Chevy Tahoe running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually you Torque to like 40, 60, 80 or something like that... Just did a 4.0l Ranger, it went to 70 or so and then 90* more..... So to the 65'/lbs I would take it in a couple steps untill it gets there.

Last edited:

norcalstrokin

Reaction score
thanks for all the help!! I'm finally going to have her done!! so close but all these field problems keep coming up! all I have left to do is putting the steel fuel lines into the spider which is being a peta!!!! exhaust manifolds belt assembly and valve covers! what is the torque spec for the rocker arm nut itself? I cant seem to find it and it there any sequence to them? and debating out changing the power steering pump on it.

norcalstrokin

Reaction score
well I'm very disappointed with myself!=( tried to start it today and well no start! lol im pretty sure I didn't put the distributor in right! lol. it doesn't turn over at all. it just sounds like a fan is on when I'm I turn the key to start it. so I'm trying to figure out where to start looking at. I thought I was doing good and everything but I guess not! lol

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fan? Unplug the coil, will it crank better?