1997 2Dr 2Whl Lowering Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nomad56

Reaction score
I have a 1997 2 wheel 2 door I want to lower either 3/4 or 4/6 and would like input from members on the best aftermarket system available and possibly recommendations or warning for installers in DFW or Houston Texas area.

Thanks

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Nomad, welcome to the forum. It's always good to see new members, (especially those with 2-door Tahoes :lol: ). So, judging by your name you own a 56 Nomad. Any pics?

Sorry, I can't answer your question. I just thought I'd welcome a new member. I don't know if there are very many 1st gen owners who have lowered their rides. Most of us lift them. Maybe someone else here can help you.

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best bet would be to get belltech suspension parts. you can go to almost any website and check them out. i think they're direct link is www.belltechsuspension.com, but dont quote me on it. for a 4/6 drop, you'll probably need to run this setup: 2" drop spindles, lowering coils, lowering block in the rear, and either flip your springs, or remove a leaf. not to sure on the ass-end of tahoes for dropping 6". you can go to summit racing or stylintrucks.com for these parts. i do have some more info about lowering, just hit me up if you have anymore questions. and incase your wondering, my s10 is dropped 4/6 but as everyone knows, a lot of gm vehicle setups are the same

Nomad56

Reaction score
97 Tahoe Lowering Recomendations

I may just drop it 3 / 4 instead as I know you have to have a shop that knows what they are doing as the 2 dr geometry at the rear end is different form the 4 dr and Suburban, requiring mods to a framing member.

I have considered also selling it but don't know what is reasonable.

Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• Drivers.jpg
    Drivers.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Drivers rear.jpg
    Drivers rear.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Interior Front.jpg
    Interior Front.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Interior Rear.jpg
    Interior Rear.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 10

CRXMotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can I thread-jack?

Has anyone lowered their 2wd 4dr? (97 yukon here).

I'm considering doing that, however, I have airbags on the rear now, to keep it good and level while towing or w/ a load. I don't mind a more stiff/sporty ride, I'd like to have the whole thing lowered. Easier to do on the 4dr variety? esp if just looking for 3/4 inches?

MiamiJack

Reaction score
I just lowered my 1999 4dr Tahoe 3/4 with a belltech kit and love it. I got everything through Stillen too.

wht98yukon

Reaction score
I just lowered my 1999 4dr Tahoe 3/4 with a belltech kit and love it. I got everything through Stillen too.

u got pics of ur truck with kit on it?

i have a 98 yukon 4 door i would like to go down just 2 inches i think. just to get rid of some bodyroll and wheel gap

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 95 already lowered and am thinking about getting some stock height springs and putting it back to stock......

OkcLarryD

Reaction score
I dropped my '95 with front coils and rear leaf springs, a kit. I would like to lower the back another couple of inches but can't due to interference with the spring shackle and the gas filler hose. That's the limitation on 2 door Tahoes.

The only change to the front alignment was the toe in, by the way.