1997 Tahoe Step Bumper Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSCN0292.JPGHello Folks,

I have a question and I am a bit confused.

I would like to order a new top Step Pad for my 1997 Tahoe, and it supposedly goes under the GM Part #15607160.

This part has seen better days, tried restoring it to no avail, and would like replacing it with new, preferably a OEM GM Part.

I have previously replaced the Center Step Pad with a part from LMC Truck, and this part is about 6 months old.

My question is, from many descriptions of this part online from different vendors, they describe the part as "Primered"?

I was not aware of any "primered" Step Pads on the Tahoe-Suburban-Silverado, and this part should be Black Plastic.

Am I mistaken, and this is what they call this black plastic part, a "primered" part? Does anybody know? I've sent out some inquiries to vendors, and no replies, like I'm asking somebody for a blood donation.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Mark

FD611V

Reaction score
Primered means it's ready for painting, and my '96 Tahoe with the same rear black plastic pad isn't primered. Are your sure this firm isn't referring to a metal bumper?

FD611V

Reaction score
View attachment 6677Hello Folks,

I have a question and I am a bit confused.

I would like to order a new top Step Pad for my 1997 Tahoe, and it supposedly goes under the GM Part #15607160.

This part has seen better days, tried restoring it to no avail, and would like replacing it with new, preferably a OEM GM Part.

I have previously replaced the Center Step Pad with a part from LMC Truck, and this part is about 6 months old.

My question is, from many descriptions of this part online from different vendors, they describe the part as "Primered"?

I was not aware of any "primered" Step Pads on the Tahoe-Suburban-Silverado, and this part should be Black Plastic.

Am I mistaken, and this is what they call this black plastic part, a "primered" part? Does anybody know? I've sent out some inquiries to vendors, and no replies, like I'm asking somebody for a blood donation.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Mark

Here's a ebay seller offering you a OEM rear bumper pad (Iten #6 on picture) for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OEM-1560...&fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item2ec9eb549b&vxp=mtr

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi again folks,
You may note from my included pic, that this step pad part looks pretty decent in this pic.
It was right after I treated this part with GTechniq C4 Trim Restorer, a permanent high tech product which is a permanent product I've found.

Two weeks after coating this step pad the black luster turned to a milky white finish, and became quite dull looking. Successive attempts to bring this part back to looking good have failed, and luckily, I didn't coat any other parts other than the rear bumper trim with it.

For all other parts on the truck, I then used a product called CarPro CQuartz DLX, and I had gotten awesome results.

I had never received any follow up answers to my questions to another online vendor, and I thank you for this particular ebay link-ad. I have contacted this seller and will see what they say?
The difference in price is small, only a $2 difference, so, if this part is indeed the correct part I need I will then order it.

Thank you again folks. I will let you know how it all turns out, and how dealing with this vendor goes. Mark