1997 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vern

Reaction score
My fan control was only working on high speed but now not working at all I put in a new resistor and still not working Hooked up battery charger to blower motor and the blower works I have no power at the purple wire feeding the motor Is there a module that feeds power to the blower motor? Fuses are both good Any suggestions?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The high speed goes through a relay mounted near the resistor. Check for voltage with it on high at the orange wire connector pin( circuit 52).

bec3cf007b31cb32ccf12de2f1edefb4.gif

If there is voltage there but not downstream on the purple wire, then I would suspect a bad relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vern

Reaction score
1997 Tahoe blower

I replaced resistor and blower motor relay and still have no power on the purple wire at the blower motor What do I check next? The control knobs on the dash ? Thanks for any help

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the connectors at the relay and resistor, check for voltage on the relay orange wire or the blue, tan or yellow on the resistor connector. Check with the blower on. You should be seeing 12V on the orange relay wire with the blower on high, the same for the resistor connector (except the dark blue) at the other fan speeds.

8304c5c1fbaf65bd01969a565eb7cfc0.jpg

If no voltage on any of those, then the control panel probably is the issue. If you end up buying a new one, go with the Delco over the Dorman version. I bought a Dorman and it started smoking after a few minutes.

Also check for voltage on the red wire at the relay. It should be hot at all times.

Did you verify that the blower ground wire is good?

Last edited:

Vern

Reaction score
Yes there is power at all times on the red wire Where do I check at for the ground wire if it has a good ground?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the multimeter from that red wire to the blower ground wire. If it has voltage, the ground is good.