2-Way Advanced Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
I'm def. gonna get this thing!
I just want to know from Crater, RT and the rest of yall running this 2-Way thing, how dark is your rear tint where the antenna is attached?
Mine is about 3% in the rear because I had 5% put on top of factory and I want to mke sure it will work or whether I will have to cut some out?
Also what distance does it work from now?

It should works just fine. The antenna is just stuck on the glass using double sided tape so you shouldn't have to cut any tint. The only thing I can think of is if the tint you used is metallic which could potentially reduce the distance of the signal......other than that, it should be fine.

So far, the furthest I've tried is about 200 yards in an open parking lot and it worked good. With my old remote it wouldn't even come close.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounting location shouldn't make any difference. Have you tried checking to see if the antenna wire is fully attached to both the module and the actual antenna?

I will check the wire tomorrow morning. Do you know where the module is located?

Cr8ter

Reaction score
The module should be located in the dead air space between the plastic and the exterior body of the vehicle. Mine is in the area right behind where you will find the tire iron and jack.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the install instructions state where the antenna is to go. Whether it matters, I don't know but mine is mounted like RT's and I got about 1,000' if unobstructed. I'm disappointed that you don't get an alert if the alarm is triggered.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Crater but yeah I do have Metallic tint so I probably wil cut the shape of the antenna out so I can get some distance because right now I get like 20 feet.