2-Way Advanced Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
So I finally found a dealer in my area that knows what I'm talking about in regards to the 2-way advanced remotes. I went there and they ordered the part based on my VIN number........they told me this was critical in ordering the correct part since they messed up on some previous installs.

It has me a little concerned but they assured me they;ll get it right. I have my appointment for install setup for next week. Can't Wait!!! :yesnod:

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a range increase but not as much as I expected....from inside our shop I can make about 500'. outside maybe 600'. I like the fact I can tell the truck has started without being in visual contact.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a range increase but not as much as I expected....from inside our shop I can make about 500'. outside maybe 600'. I like the fact I can tell the truck has started without being in visual contact.

Is the 2-way remote supposed to notify you if the alarm is triggered? Couldn't find anything in the manual on this.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Seems like that would have been pretty easy to do. Druther it did that than tell me how much gas and miles or change radio. But that's just me.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Sitting at the dealership right now getting them installed.....Woohoo!!:D

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the people that got the 2 way remote installed that had their windows tinted, Did the dealer cut the tint where the antenna goes or did they just tape it on top of the tint. How well does your remote work.
My dealer just put my antenna on top of the tint, and my signal for the remote( new and old) is worse than before. My 2 way remote and my 2 old remotes only work from like 10 feet away max.
Also, after installation I am getting a warning that my left rear tire pressure is low. What's with that?

hotrod127

Reaction score
remote start

Hey guys , can I get this if my Tahoe did not have any remote start from factory. I have a 2008 Lt , but did not come with remote start?

Anyone recommend a dealer in New Jersey that knows what they doing?
Thx

Hey CR8ter , what dealer did you get yours installed ?????

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , can I get this if my Tahoe did not have any remote start from factory. I have a 2008 Lt , but did not come with remote start?

Thx

Yes you can get the two way remote, but it is a different P/N. You may have to have the remote start installed w/ it tho. Not sure.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bmwman the tire pressure warning has nothing to do with your Remote Start installation. That just happens to everybody every once in a while, mainly when it gets cold outside (around Winter)

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the people that got the 2 way remote installed that had their windows tinted, Did the dealer cut the tint where the antenna goes or did they just tape it on top of the tint. How well does your remote work.

They didn't cut the tint on mine.

My 2 way remote works farther then my original remotes. I'd say about twice as far from what I've seen.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Well its finally installed and after the first 2 days of us, I LOVE this thing! The distance is drastically improved! Even with my old remotes. The dealer installed it in exactly 1.5 hours and he reprogrammed the 2 old remotes so now I have backups if needed. $230 total installed! I've attached pics of the remote next to my iPhone for size comparison. Only downside is it is fairly large remote. As for the antenna unit in the back window, I believe the window is factory dipped glass and not tint film so the dealer just attached it right on the glass......its barely noticeable.

Thx

Yes, you can get this but you would have to get the factory remote start installed along with the unit. I live in Seattle, WA and found a dealer in Auburn, WA that did the install.

Attachments

• Remote1.jpg
    Remote1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Remote 2.jpg
    Remote 2.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Remote3.jpg
    Remote3.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 25

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your antenna looks different from mine.

yes9.jpg

Cr8ter

Reaction score
your antenna looks different from mine.

yes9.jpg

Actually, it's the same. The technician just tucked the left side of the antenna behind the trim of the window. He wanted to make it as least noticeable as possible. It actually fits really nicely and makes it seem half the size.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's the same. The technician just tucked the left side of the antenna behind the trim of the window. He wanted to make it as least noticeable as possible. It actually fits really nicely and makes it seem half the size.

Yea it does. I wish mine had done it that way. They also charged me 338 last May for it to be done. Glad you got it cheaper. But I really like having 3 remotes. Got another key made up for it and now its great having 2 spare sets. :D

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Yeah.....having the 2 extra's is handy. My wife uses just one but I figure the first time she loses one, I'll have one handy to replace it :D

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the antenna have to be mounted in the bottom right corner? My dealer mounted my antenna at the top right and I am only getting about 10 feet with all 3 remotes. I thought it was the tint, but maybe the antenna location?
Any Help?

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Does the antenna have to be mounted in the bottom right corner? My dealer mounted my antenna at the top right and I am only getting about 10 feet with all 3 remotes. I thought it was the tint, but maybe the antenna location?
Any Help?

The mounting location shouldn't make any difference. Have you tried checking to see if the antenna wire is fully attached to both the module and the actual antenna?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm def. gonna get this thing!
I just want to know from Crater, RT and the rest of yall running this 2-Way thing, how dark is your rear tint where the antenna is attached?
Mine is about 3% in the rear because I had 5% put on top of factory and I want to mke sure it will work or whether I will have to cut some out?
Also what distance does it work from now?