2007-2014 Rear door windows don't go down completely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excelsior20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just rented a 2014 Yukon XL and found that the rear side door windows will roll down 100%. In the 2007 Tahoe I just purchased, they do not. The window only opens about 50%.
Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass or change the amount that they roll down? I see that the wheel well might be the problem in the Tahoe since the door isn't a rectangle - like the Yukon XL.

If anyone has a rail kit or knowledge about this particular item that'd be great! Even if they can roll down another 4-6 inches that'd be better than the current setup.

cruzer076

Reaction score
Let us know if you find something. That would be a great mod.

STORMIN08

Reaction score
No go on a hoe, you are correct, the door will not allow it.

I don't recall what vehicle, but I had one that the window came down and rolled towards the front slightly and it gave a few inches, but that was years ago.

billethkid

Reaction score
the window down travel is limited by the rear fender well cut out.

BrianAnderson70

Reaction score
If you look at the door, there isn't any place for the window to go once it's past half-way. The cut out for the rear wheel well doesn't allow it. The XL is more like a Suburban if memory serves, which has full rear doors that allow the window to go down all the way.