2007 Tahoe Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHINO64

Reaction score
Anyone know which scan tool we can use to access trouble codes and everything else?

For about a week now my DIC shows "service suspension". I am trying to find any loose connections for the air ride system or anything obvious with the shocks or struts. I am getting conflicting information on the 07 Tahoe-GM protocols. Either J2284 & ISO 15675 or the J1895 Protocol. So I can get a scan tool that may reset the fault or pin point the problem. Or, it may be only a dealer can do this with their Vetronix Tech 2 scan Tool,

Whoa, real expensive tool, more than 2K.

The pin outs for the diagnostic connector is 1, 4,5,6, 14 & 16. Pin 6 is High CAN and Pin 14 is Low CAN.

We hooked up an Actron Scan Tool which was CAN capable, but I do not think it was GM CAN capable. It showed no codes, but the Service Suspension Message is still there.

Can we unplug the battery and let the diagnostic clear itself like the old days.

Has anyone ever used Auto Tap Diagnostic software and hardware?

Has anyone experienced the "Service Suspension Message" coming on?:confused2:

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hubby's Silverado had a weird DIC message that would come on/off randomly. While the message was on, he had OnStar send him the codes. Once he had the codes he took into the dealer to do the warranty work.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for the "arm" that connects the level sensor to the frame / suspension system on all four corners. Mine was loose from the factory. There are many other things that can cause this code but it's worth a look anyway.

CHINO64

Reaction score
Suspension and Air Ride Control

I had checked all level sensors on all the link arms and they seem to be okay, the little small actuator link, there are not loose. I checked the air connections for the shocks and they are snug. I know the air ride system incorporates a slew of sensor inputs from your TPMS, Level Sensors, Steering sensor, Differential sensors, etc. Unless I go to the dealer I may not find the actual problem.

I can drive the vehicle for two days without the message and then the wife drives it one day and it comes on. :sad: