2007 Tahoe Service 4wd error - TCCM issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike523

Reaction score
So I've been getting this service 4wd error on startup intermittently for the past couple months - the check engine light would also come on occasionally for a few days at a time as well. The 4wd switch was still lit up and the truck was still able to go between 2wd and 4wd so I wasn't going to worry about it but this latest time happened to be right when I was trying to pass emissions and register the vehicle so now I'm kind of screwed as the check engine light caused me to fail emissions with code U0102 - lost communications with transfer case control module.

The dealer wants $120 just to diagnose it and I think we all know that they are probable just going to want to replace the tccm.

I was hoping someone could point me in the directions of the images/instructions showing exactly where the module is so that I can check for loose connections and that sort of thing - and also so that I can replace the unit myself if need be.

Has anyone else run into this? Seems like its a semi-common thing with these trucks.