2007+ who makes the oem brake pads/rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxr310

Reaction score
looking to purchase some oem rear brakes for my 07 tahoe from rock auto... what brand is oem? ac delco? and what material pad is oem? semi metallic? thx in advance!

jetskied

Reaction score
Wagner brakes use to make GM OE brakes. I can't be sure who does now. As far as brakes are concern I had good luck with the OE pads as they have lasted 50K on my 08 Burban and then I replace them with a GM replacement pad from an online site that were ceramic. Stay away from ceramic! These pads only lasted 20K miles and the performance were not up to par. I guess GM is marketing aftermarket pads as these pad were cheaper than the exact OE pads. I thought since it was GM they would be similar in performance to the OE. I was so wrong. With my brake squeeling I just had to put something in so I bought some Autozone heavy duty semi metalic pads. You know what they work pretty good. I think the performance is similar to the OE pads. We will see how long they last. I do recreational towing and I live on a hill so my brakes do get more use than usual. I just have to say this is that when it comes to brakes stick with OE or use something that is heavy duty designed such as the pad I just bought or Centric makes a fleet formula as these vehicles are heavy. BTW the price of the Autozone HD were $57 per set. IMO ceramic is for the typical sedan not a heavy SUV.