2007 yukon headlamp removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at my lighting write-up in the 07 technical section.
Its for Tahoe's but Yukon's will be similar.

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically, they made it as hard as possible so you can take to the dealer and have them do it...

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true, but screw them i got it by myself and even made a very tiresome thread just to make sure I ruin their plans!

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true, but screw them i got it by myself and even made a very tiresome thread just to make sure I ruin their plans!

I actually tried taking one of mine off, but quit when I destroyed one of the push pins in the wheel well. Everything I touch, I destroy. lol

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha that sucks, I'm pretty careful when i do it.

art0007

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try this weekend. Mine had water leaking in it and like always warranty doesnt cover it. Got a new one on ebay. Im new to this site. I'll post pics later. My yukon is lowered 2-3 with 26" wheels. thanks again all.

iwaslowr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove headlamp on 07 yukon?

Yukon headlight removal appears to be very similar to doing so on a Tahoe. I have added two pics to Gambler's quote below. This is how I have removed mine in numerous instances:

Remove the six bolts on top of the grill. [Three on each side between the headlight housing and hood latch]

Remove the two (7mm) screws, three push pins, and two pop style pins in the wheel well.

Pull the wheel well lining towards you and remove the two 10mm bolts[one bolt on the bottom of each headlight housing securing it to]... the fender, this should release [the housing from] the bumper mounting bracket.

Remove the... [two] 10mm bolts holding... [each] headlamp in [place on top]...

At this point I GENTLY pull the unbolted grille mount forward until the plastic guides are exposed and hold the grill approximately 1.5 inches away from the metal support to which it bolts to. Next I can begin to work the headlight out from the seated position... The housing snaps into place on the innermost side(closest to the hood latch) and will need to be carefully unseated from this support(I hold the outer portion of the housing while pulling the inner housing away from the grille support). Once this has been accomplished I slightly pull the upper bumper cover/grille area away from it's support a little further than it sits with the previously mentioned guides exposed and holding it in place away from the support. I then VERY CAREFULLY begin to remove the housing in a circular motion* making sure to not to scrape the fender paint with the housing's outer bolt mount, two guides, and under bolt mount. *The circular reference assumes I am standing at and facing the front bumper while grasping the headlight housing; TWIST CLOCKWISE FOR THE DRIVER SIDE, COUNTER-CLOCKWISE FOR THE PASSENGER SIDE. This will allow the protruding lower portion of the housing to clear the bumper cover. I then carefully lift the housing making sure to disconnect the wiring harnesses prior to placing them in a bind. When re-installing I follow the steps and circular motions in reverse respectively.

Personally, I decided not to re-install the bolts on the underside of the housing behind the wheelwell... and have not had any issues from them not being there as the housing is secured in place by: snapping into an inner support, sliding into place into two outer supports in addition to being secured by two bolts on top. This has (and will continue to) save me time whenever the headlight housing needs to be removed.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: