2011 Tahoe PPV questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lacbank813

Reaction score
Hey guys what's up? New to the platform as well as the forum! I come with lots of questions, after a bit of research I have some unanswered questions. I just bought a 2011 Tahoe PPV to supplement my sports coupe. Love the vehicle! It has the back up sensors, auto-light/DRL button as well as the bubble, but NONE of them work, along with the horn. Are they all fixable via an update from the dealer? Also, I've included photos of things that are eye sores, are they removable (The last photo does anyone know the function of that button)? I'm mechanical inclined, but not electrically. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

-Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2119 [767660].JPG
    IMG_2119 [767660].JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2118 [767659].JPG
    IMG_2118 [767659].JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2117 [767658].JPG
    IMG_2117 [767658].JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 11

Garp

Reaction score
Don't know what the first 1 is.. 2nd is Aux dome light and third is a switch for roof lights. there is a power wire above the headliner powered by that switch for roof lights and whatnot.
Dealer should be able to program sensors and auto on headlights. Also there is a separate manual for ssv-ppv vehicles with wiring diagrams and differences between vehicle types
Hope this helps

lacbank813

Reaction score
Don't know what the first 1 is.. 2nd is Aux dome light and third is a switch for roof lights. there is a power wire above the headliner powered by that switch for roof lights and whatnot.
Dealer should be able to program sensors and auto on headlights. Also there is a separate manual for ssv-ppv vehicles with wiring diagrams and differences between vehicle types
Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply! The first photo is MNSTAR and located in the engine bay, I researched it but didn't find much past it being an intergrated wiring harness. I was just curious if I can 'cut' it out, it's a useless eyesore that takes up a bit of room in the engine bay. And I've seen other threads about having a dealer program those features given I have the prerequisite hardware installed, but one said they took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed his PPV tune to the civilian programming and nothing came of it, no DRL etc. I was hoping someone who's actually done it could chime in. I could care less about the tune and all, but the backup sensors and DRL would be appreciated. I'm going to look up the wiring diagrams, I assumed it was the same and the police just butchered the wiring LOL much appreciated!

ZacharyBoris

Reaction score
Have you checked your fuse box under the hood. I know my drl has a separate fuse. I believe on my 09 it fuse slot 31 for the DRL. Check the manual as well for the other fuses. This may help out.

lacbank813

Reaction score
Have you checked your fuse box under the hood. I know my drl has a separate fuse. I believe on my 09 it fuse slot 31 for the DRL. Check the manual as well for the other fuses. This may help out.

All of the fuses are plugged in, and don't appear to be blown. What's so odd is the dash/radio lights automatically dim when it gets dark out.