6.2l V8 6-Speed for 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mention of this on the Chevrolet site when "building" your own Hoe / Burb. Must be late availability, or special order only. Interesting!

What's next? Factory supercharger option on Denali and Esky? (I'd take one!) :thumbsup:

Grillmaster

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the 6.2 6-speed combo getting more exposure. I want someone to come out with a thoroughly tested pcm upgrade that has significant torque management tweaks to it. I've been a part of the gm W-body community for years and early on there were some bad pcm flashes that did more harm than good due to lack of testing. If you ask me, the more real world testing vehicles out there the better!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i doubt they will do it. i think if anything (which they have already done) put the 6.0 with v4 mode on (active fuel managment) as the denali would not be so specail then.

on the gmt 800s the tahoe and suburban had the 5.3 while the denali had the 6.0 enless you got the 2500 (3/4 ton) model which had standard 6.0 and optional 8.1.

Grillmaster

Reaction score
No mention of this on the Chevrolet site when "building" your own Hoe / Burb. Must be late availability, or special order only. Interesting!

What's next? Factory supercharger option on Denali and Esky? (I'd take one!) :thumbsup:

I'm just waiting to see if Lingenfelter is going to come out with something for the 6.2. If so you can sign me up now! :thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see if Lingenfelter is going to come out with something for the 6.2. If so you can sign me up now! :thumbsup:

Yeah man, now you're talkin!!!! Could you imagine like 600+ HP or something out of these things? I'd snap the drivelines clean off... :D I'm with you though, more exposure of this engine / trans combo will lead to more tuner availability.

Ibcheeky

Reaction score
They show the 6.2L on the Chevy site right now, but you have to build it as a LTZ two wheel drive. If you select 4X4 it wont give you that engine option.
It is a $1,295.00 option and includes the 6-speed transmission.

Last edited:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lingenfelter already has! I emailed them a couple months back and they had many options.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They show the 6.2L on the Chevy site right now, but you have to build it as a two wheel drive. If you select 4X4 it wont give you that engine option.

no they dont, i just built one (2008 halfton 2wd) and the only engine options are the 5.3 gas or 5.3 flexfuel :skep:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They show the 6.2L on the Chevy site right now, but you have to build it as a LTZ two wheel drive. If you select 4X4 it wont give you that engine option.
It is a $1,295.00 option and includes the 6-speed transmission.

Aha -- sure enough...I'd had it set as 4x4. I wonder why they only support it as a 2WD? I guess there's your difference with the Denali setup...

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, pretty cool! Do we know if it also offers the 4 cylinder shut down that comes with the current Tahoes?

Last edited:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot Stuff!!! I'd love to get the 6.2L/6sp AT. My 4sp AT is starting to get to me a little when going up inclines... I have to keep the pedal in a position to stay in low gear to keep it moving @ a decent rate... :zav: I'm not used to this. My sports sedans have always been able to push up-slope w/ no effort @ all... I know the Tahoe is heavy and all, but it makes me wonder what those that have the 4.8L and the 295hp gmt800s are dealing w/... Everytime I see them on the road, they're moving!!! Are they that much lighter than the NBS gmt900s? :ktoe:

Edit:
Oh, sorry, I have the 5.3L w/ AFM, BTW...

Last edited:

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome! i just wonder if they will offer it on other models other than the ltz and only 2wds...like z71 4x4s!

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 4.8 liter engine, and that little thing will scoot. Also, its odd, mine has a "throatier" sound from the exhaust then the 5.3 engines do, go figure. But I would LOVE to be able to get the 6.2 on a more stripped down 2wd model. That way the truck would be lighter and then I bet it would MOVE.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ive seen the esky in the V series! im pretty sure it was real cause it was brand new! i tried to check it out on the website but they only have the cars so i really dont know:confused2: looked bad a** too!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i doubt they will do it. i think if anything (which they have already done) put the 6.0 with v4 mode on (active fuel managment) as the denali would not be so specail then.

on the gmt 800s the tahoe and suburban had the 5.3 while the denali had the 6.0 enless you got the 2500 (3/4 ton) model which had standard 6.0 and optional 8.1.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

What would make the DENALI SPECIAL??? I like my Yukon a lot, but all this "Badge Engineering" by GM is starting to turn me off to their products. I think if the Tahoe LTZ is equipped with 380 HP like a Denali, then the Denali should be bumped up to the 400-410 HP range and the Escalade upgraded accordingly, if not even a bigger increase in HP ratings across the board. Just my $0.02 :thumbsup:

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would be ALL over that, I'll have to just upset my wife and go get one without even considering the economics involved.

:bam:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got it to work, for some reason its only on the 2wd tahoe, not the suburban, but i agree with bear, since they put the 380 hp engine in the tahoe, up the 6.2 in the denali to 400 or super charge it , make it special again.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

What would make the DENALI SPECIAL??? I like my Yukon a lot, but all this "Badge Engineering" by GM is starting to turn me off to their products. I think if the Tahoe LTZ is equipped with 380 HP like a Denali, then the Denali should be bumped up to the 400-410 HP range and the Escalade upgraded accordingly, if not even a bigger increase in HP ratings across the board. Just my $0.02 :thumbsup:

I agree, they will increase the HP on the Denali and Escalade. We'll just have to wait and see, but im glad there is already some process on the Tahoe.