'92 Yukon won't turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DVHammer

Reaction score
somebody local also suggested checking the crank sensor, where is it and can I bypass it. Is it normally open or closed? found that if not detected it will not allow the pump to run, also do you think that would show up as a code if I purchased a code reader from someplace like NAPA?

Jason_Ridgeway

Reaction score
Is you check engine light on?If it is more than likey it will set a code! Check around your harmonic balancer (always a good place to start) for your crank sensor.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somebody local also suggested checking the crank sensor, where is it and can I bypass it. Is it normally open or closed? found that if not detected it will not allow the pump to run, also do you think that would show up as a code if I purchased a code reader from someplace like NAPA?

I don't belive that the crank sensor is a constant on/off sensor. I believe it's a hal effect sensor and sends pulses back to the computer.

Hardwarz

marinekilz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the location

Attachments

• ALLDATA Online - 1998 Chevy Truck K Tahoe 4WD V8-5_7L VIN R - Component Locations.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 3