'93 Blazer...Can I hang out with yall??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGaskamp

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm picking up my '93 Blazer on Monday! I just sold my '04 Duramax to get rid of a payment. My friend is selling the Blazer for $2000. Everything is perfect on it except the A/C doesn't work. I was looking on this forum for a late model full size Blazer section, since my truck looks just like a 2 dr Tahoe, but I didn't see anything. Can I hang out with yall? lol Yall are the closest thing to what I have! Anyways, I've always had diesels, but I'm excited about this! I love the site!

Eric

Attachments

• Blazer.jpg
    Blazer.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shure, same difference....... Nice looking rig, how many miles? More pix when you get her home....

EGaskamp

Reaction score
I believe it has 212k on it, but can't remember for sure. I'm definitely excited, and yes, more pics will come, as well as questions! I did have a question about the dash gauges. How accurate are they? I know some people accuse factory gauges of reading correctly, but only read in certain increments. Such as oil pressure only reading every 10 psi. Is there any reason to put a separate oil pressure and temp gauge, or will the factory gauge do? Thanks

Eric

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, The factory guages leave alot to be desired, but do fucntion, I would not rely on them for precesion, but as far as oil presure goes if it is registering oil pressure and you arent knocking, you're good. Temp is kinda the same, as far as I have seen many GM temp guages suffer on the low end, but you can usually tell if everything is ok as long as you learn how it looks when normal. A scan tool helps with that....

I have a 98 Sierra with 288k so the mileage isnt too scary.... I was trying to sell my 95 Tahoe with only 114k on it around here and get very little interest in it, but your blazer looks in better condition.... Congrats :)

EGaskamp

Reaction score
Cool thanks! I may just throw a oil pressure and temp gauge in just for the hell of it. I can't wait to get this thing in my driveway!

EGaskamp

Reaction score
cool rig! I like those two doors a lot!

Thanks! Well, I picked it up today. No pictures yet. It needs a little bit of work, but its ready to go as is. Its missing the dash trim in the middle, where the air vents and radio is. If I buy a stock replacement, will a single DIN aftermarket radio fit in it or do I need an installation kit? From looking at it online, the hole in the aftermarket kit and a factory on looks the same.

EGaskamp

Reaction score
You'll need a dash kit

Ok thank you. Thats what I thought. I'll just buy a stock piece and a kit so I'll have the actual vents. Thanks again. I'm loving this thing!

I've bought a new fuel filter because when it was cold, upon acceleration from a stop, it died on me a couple times. It always hesitates before it takes off as well. I'm hoping its not a fuel pump, but I figured that could cause a fuel starvation problem under a load. It also turns on the SES light after 10 minutes of driving. If I turn the Blazer off, and start it again, the light goes off but comes back on 10-15 minuets later. I need to pull the codes and see what it is. I've read its possible to read the code without a scan tool, but I can't find that thread now. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on that? Thanks

07burb

Reaction score
My guess is on your egr valve needing replace but you can check the code without a reader.

Jumper the two pins on the diagnostic connector with a paper clip in 'A' and 'B' and just count the flashes. It will flash a sequence for "12" three times and then flash each code three times, then flash "12" when it's done.

After you jump A and B, turn the key on. Watch for check engine light. First code will be 12(flash......flash,flash) that will happen 3 times, any codes after that will be the issues, unless it just keeps flashing 12.

ECD29471-CE9B-40CD-9155-371F441C69A7-735-000000A0C8405385.jpg

EGaskamp

Reaction score
Thank you soooooo much!! Where is the diagnostic connector located? I si tunder the dash or the hood? Thanks again!

Eric

07burb

Reaction score
Under the dash near the middle most likely. You should see it by just kneeling down from the driver side and it'll be under there in plain sight

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGR..... Get an AC DELCO or DELPHI unit ONLY, any POS parts store one will make it run worse or not at all.....

EGaskamp

Reaction score
Sweet will do. Would that cause the dying when accelerating from a stop? How hard is the egr to change?