96 yukon stumbling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt9880

Reaction score
I have a 96 yukon w/ a 350 vortec and my prob is when I am cruising at about 60mph on up the engine stumbles and it only does it at 60mph and up and only if you are steady on the throttle if you give it a little gas it goes away. I replaced fuel pump fuel filter cleaned MAF, and changed tranny filter and fluid still doing it. The only code I get when it stumbles is a bank 2 sensor 2 on the o2 sensor right after it happens, and one time I got that and a multiple cylinder misfire any help would be great

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when was the last time you changed the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs?

and how many miles are on it? ik its been said a few times on here that it may be the distributor gear

matt9880

Reaction score
haven't changed cap and rotor or plugs and wires but i will today that was my next step. It has 155,xxx i just bought it 2 weeks ago. I will also check the distributor gear.

Mtndewd

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe that I recently purchased w/ almost 80K and it was doing the same thing. I have replaced the fuel pump, filter, plugs, (no wires) cap and rotor and it is still doing it. Let me know if replacing the mentioned items works for you...