About to buy a 2007 Z71 2WD, what's my MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently put down a deposit on a 2007 Z71 flex fuel with about 15k miles on it. It has 22 inch wheels that I fear may hurt the MPG.

What am I gonna be looking at as far as miles to the gallon? Any help is appreciated.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 15.5mpg's around town having stock 20's with a moderate foot on the gas. Just less than 20mpg's on the highway. Not sure what kind of mileage you should see not knowing your driving habits and conditions. I would suspect that your mpg's on 22's will be somewhat less IMO, but I'll leave it to those that have 22's or larger to chime in on what they get in terms of mpg's.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get between 16 & 17 mpg in the city and ~20 mpg on the highway. I have the stock Z71 18" wheels with 4x4 and 4.10 final drive ratio. Yeah, I agree, driving style and the weight of the wheels will greatly affect mileage.

bradical

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Being a 2WD, I assume that'll help a little on the mileage but probably be offset by the bigger wheels. I'll be doing probably half city half highway

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My city is generally 15-16mpg, and that is stop and go 405 Freeway and city stop and go...open highway, cruising at 70-75, with a light foot, usually around 20mpg, but no more than that...

Since almost all of my driving is city, stop and go traffic, just about every tank comes out to low 15s...

RMC_SS_LDO

Reaction score
I get between 16 & 17 mpg in the city and ~20 mpg on the highway. I have the stock Z71 18" wheels with 4x4 and 4.10 final drive ratio. Yeah, I agree, driving style and the weight of the wheels will greatly affect mileage.

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but we have had our Tahoe for about two months and have around 1600 miles on the clock.

I have (I think) the exact same vehicle; 4x4 Z71 (2008 model) but with the 3.73 rear end and we are lucky to get 14 MPG.

I didn't buy it for mileage (DUH!) but wondering if you (Zed) saw an increase in mileage after break-in. I would figure on getting better mileage than you are seeing with a taller rear end, but we are no where close....

Thanks!

v/r

Allen

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently put down a deposit on a 2007 Z71 flex fuel with about 15k miles on it. It has 22 inch wheels that I fear may hurt the MPG.

What am I gonna be looking at as far as miles to the gallon? Any help is appreciated.

maybe you were not aware that your dlr can reflash your pcm for the tire size change and get things back to normal. only differance may be if the 22's weigh more.

ntitan06

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I used to get 14.7 MPG on 22's.... I used to get 15.7 MPG on stock 17's.... but i went on a road trip and now I get 14.9 MPG still on 22's.... I have 8k miles on it now after the trip....