Aftermarket parts and 2008 Chevy Tahoe lease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
i would like to modify my tahoe, but i don't know to what limit i can, the parts department said that i can modify the exhaust, after the catalytic converter. What other things can i do or not do, like changing the bench seats to bucket?

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you serious? why would you want to modify a leased car? you are literally costing yourself more by doing things to it...isnt the point of a lease to cut your own costs? if you really want to modify it your should have bought it

but if your hell bent on doing something to it...which you probably are...then why not just lift the sob and throw some 35s or something on there

or even better do what a buddy of mine did and take the doors off and make a "Safari Tahoe"

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just whatever you do make sure it can be reasonably undone for when you take it back. They do want it to have original equipment, however if you give it back with obvious upgrades (read: makes it worth more) I think they will be happy to accept it, but read my last sentence carefully. If they give you buckets and you bring it back with a bench you'll get charged the difference, if they're sharp enough to notice, that is. Just keep the OEM parts and switch them back, then sell the parts to mitigate the huge losses you will experience for spending money on a leased car. I'd barely touch it if it were me. I remember seeing a guy willing to trade expensive aftermarket rims straight up for the stock ones because of something like this; if he wasn't getting any money out of the deal then what does that say for the dealerships return requirements?