Aftermarket Steel Wheel Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastFbody

Reaction score
Lately I've been wanting to make my Tahoe to look a little more truck-like without going overboard and sacrificing practicality. So I've been looking at a few different models of plain black steel wheels in 16x7 6x5.5 size with the intention of finishing them off with factory chrome hub/lug covers off of a similar era Silverado.

One model that looks promising is this: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/5...px?t_c=11&t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pn=PCW52-6783
My concern is few of the sites I've looked at mention anything about offset and center bore size. I don't want them to sit any differently than the stock aluminum wheels, and it wouldn't hurt if they'd seat onto the hubs :p

Has anyone else done anything similar to what I've described?

LastFbody

Reaction score
I actually finished this project a couple months ago, thought I would share the results.

0801131739_zpsdab302a6.jpg

0801131740_zps42b3821c.jpg

Wheels are 16x7 U.S. Wheel Daytonas in gloss black with factory Silverado 1500 chrome center caps. Tires sit about 1/2 inch outside of the wheel wells, which is further out than I would like, but I haven't had any negative effects because of it. MPGs are the same, splash up the sides of the truck is the same (though I have weathertech mudflaps)

Overall it was a good project, I like the results.