Airbag control module.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firelude

Reaction score
Hi all! Mine Tahoe Z-71 - 09 need a new airbag control module and I will try to replace it with a used one. I have find one but the last three letters is not the same as it is on mine...so...is there anyone who have change a airbag control module with a used one? Do I have to re-set a used one? The first part of the
"id-tag" is the same on both.

Thank's :)

RobbysDad

Reaction score
Was it in an accident? Because if it was the airbag control module needs to be reset in order to be used again. From my understanding they can reset your original and once repaired it will not need to be coded to your vehicle VIN due to it came out of your vehicle.

I do know the p/n's of your old and used have to match or it is very unlikely that it will work in the vehicle.

They always do recommend sending it in due to they are all coded to the VIN of the vehicle.

So when you are saying the last 3 letters are not the same is that the part number? I am not super familiar with them, but learned this much about them.

firelude

Reaction score
Hi ! No it has not been in an accident. The air bag light suddenly lights from time to time.

I have change clockspring , sensors in front an checked conectors under seat and for the safetybelts system....it still lights up for a few second up to a minute or so...

I have got an used airbag module with same parts number as my old. I'II will just put it on and smile..maybye :)