alignment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_2DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

I have a 1998 2 door tahoe, just put new tires and the shop said i needed an alignment and after I told them they did an alignment less than 6 months ago they said the camber adjustment can only be adjusted after some tabs are knocked out, they were wanting to charge me extra for this at a tune to 60 per side... I dont trust everything someone tells me i need so i called my local dealership to ask them if this is included in the alignment that they do there and they explained that it is an extra charge and only has to be done once after that they are bolts not pins. they asked how many miles is on it and when i told them a little over 200k they seemed shocked this has not been done already and cautioned me to have them do the work until i had a second opinion... can you guys tell me what to look for an where to see if this had been done before....

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will see it at the upper control arm bushings area where you want to turn the camber/caster cams for alignment. They will look egg shaped and you will see you can't because the tabs are still there. $60 for each side is a fair price. Once they are out you can adjust always from that point on. 200k before ever was done means the last place to check for alignment didn't want to do it and was lazy. Or the previous owner just didn't ever do an alignment. It does need to be done to do it right.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned something, IIRC the shop wanted to do this to my 95 hoe and I just had them do it without explaining/ showing me..... had 109k at that time....