Alternate NAV System - Available ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VF1000R

Reaction score
A friend of mine at work just installed the Panasonic Nav system in his 4Runner. I looked at it and it's better than the GM.

Just wondering if there are other systems out there that will fit the Tahoe and maintain the Blue Button and XM. I just happen to like both. Had it not been for the exorborant price that GM wanted for their Nav , i would have added it to my order. I have a 2007 Vett with Nav and really like the interface , especially for the radio. The wife is Jealous , So I'm looking around for other solutions. Other than the obvious one of buying a fleabay unit for $1000 and then getting it installed and unlocked. Oh and Yeah I have Rear DVD. :D

BuckyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the Kenwood DNX 7100 or the Pioneer AVIC series. Both have options to add XM or Sirius, Bluetooth and touchscreen control for your iPod.

yukonpyro

Reaction score
I have been looking into an upgrade for this as well and so far the Pioneer Avic-d3 seems to be a great alternative. From what I have found out so far, you do have to get a special harness that allows you to retain your On Star. The XM option would have to be added as well. The base head unit is $999 at Circuit City and they sell the special harness for $229. Then you can add a backup camera, steering wheel remote adapter, XM Nav Traffic (Tells you where there are traffic jams real time.....very cool) and even match the green color of the interior lights. I found the Avic-d3 on Amazon for under $750 so as soon as I can verify the warranty, I may get one there. Let us know what you end up with!!

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine at work just installed the Panasonic Nav system in his 4Runner. I looked at it and it's better than the GM.

Just wondering if there are other systems out there that will fit the Tahoe and maintain the Blue Button and XM. I just happen to like both. Had it not been for the exorborant price that GM wanted for their Nav , i would have added it to my order. I have a 2007 Vett with Nav and really like the interface , especially for the radio. The wife is Jealous , So I'm looking around for other solutions. Other than the obvious one of buying a fleabay unit for $1000 and then getting it installed and unlocked. Oh and Yeah I have Rear DVD. :D

This is looking promising:

http://www.azentek.com/webpages/atlas.html

ChacHoe

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with the Pioneer Avic-z2 as soon as I get home. I've seen it for about 1600 on Amazon and 2000 on Crutchfield. Don't know about the warranty on Amazon's. If you order it from Crutchfield, they give you the OnStar adapter at half price. Plus I like their customer service and how friendly they are so if I ever have any issues, I know they'll be real happy to help. They also have less expensive nav systems out there.

CaMs

Reaction score
that azentek look pretty good, but its going to be well over $2000. If any of you guys are thinking about putting a carPC in ur tahoe\Yukon you can prob. do it yourself for just about $1000 + your time.

I had one in my lexus GS for about 3yrs until my lease was up last month and jumped into a 07 tahoe - due to having a kid i needed the extra room

Check out this custome install
HERE of a 07 Tahoe...its pretty dam sick i have to say..its making me rethink going back to a carPC for my tahoe ...so now im stuck between carPC, OEM NAV or aftermakert

Here are some pics of that install:
31624d1153004050-2007-tahoe-install-img_0819.jpg

Check out the laptop keypad in the center console...great idea
33776d1156627137-2007-tahoe-install-img_0887.jpg

Also on that link to the azentek system..its looks like they are going to use CentraFuse as the front end... you can actually use the software now on your home PC to see.. i was currently using that on my carPC
More info HERE and HERE

We have been testing centrafuse for more then a yr, and it has came a great way and it finally went commercial last month

djnsmith7

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Alpine IVA-W205?

Has anyone here installed the Alpine IVA-W205 in their '07 Tahoe? I've read some very good reviews of this unit & played around with it a bit at my local Best Buy. I'd really like to see what it looks like installed. Alpine offers an HD Radio & Bluetooth kit to go with it. It also has the housing for the new PMD-B200, which slides right into the docking station on the 205.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W205