Am I crazy or is my A/C compressor running with the heat on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
I haven't checked for certain under the hood, but just with driving, it seems as if the compressor is running when I am only using the heat, either in the dash or the floor with no defrost. It's an 04 and I'm wondering if the climate control module is faulty. Anyone else noticing this problem?

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have temp setting on "auto" ?? Sometimes with auto temp the a/c comes on.

BlackietheYukon

Reaction score
This happened to me as well a while back. I belive that I had it on auto or another button on the controls was not in the right position. I fixed it myselft by listening to the Yukon closely and playing with the buttons.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor will come on, so that the interiors of the glass won't fog up. Pretty much normal...:thumbsup:

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
so the compressor will come on, even if i'm only doing the vent with no a/c or defrost?

i'm just wondering cause with the compressor running, doesn't that give you worse gas mileage?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im glad someone posted about this because i can turn my temps both up to 90 and then press auto and the fvckin snowflake pops up like its running the AC.... this irritated me but i wasnt sure if the AC compressor was actually kicking in, so now if im not actually running the AC then i will just set everythin manually... still sort of a pain in the ass