amp bypass how to......+keep sub, and d pillar speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syclone0569

Reaction score
found this on another site, and had to share it with all of you.....
im sure some of you have seen or heard of the amp bypass procedure..the problem with this is it renders your d pillar speakers/tweeters and subwoofer inoperable. this takes it one step further and allows you to keep the factory d pillar tweeters, and subwoofer, but bypassing the rest of the speakers.
i did this on my 2001 tahoe and had great results. way better at high volumes.

enjoy!!:thumbsup:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb...E85BE73-9BC1-11D5-AD22-000347729408&frames=no

BigE

Reaction score
any idea if this will work for a 03+ year tahoe/yukon, i have an 04 and would like to try this out and see how it sounds, just dont want to damage anything. thanks

texastbird

Reaction score
This is just the info I have been looking for. You wouldn't have a recommendation for some new D pillar speakers would you? All the speakers in my '01 have rotted out pretty bad.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just the info I have been looking for. You wouldn't have a recommendation for some new D pillar speakers would you? All the speakers in my '01 have rotted out pretty bad.

i havent seen many d pillar replacements. my d pillar ones still work after i changed all the door speakers though. guess we didnt bypass them or something

texastbird

Reaction score
Mine might have still worked, but I tossed them out already, I should have saved them until I found something that would work.

texastbird

Reaction score
Ok, I made the bypass harness and installed it. All is right with the world. My new Kenwood Excelon sounds really nice this way. Thanks to Syclone for the great info.