Antenas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just got this 2004 tahoe. I have noticed that there are 2 little antenas on the roof, one on the drivers side the other on the passenger side. Just wondering what they are? Im assuming one is for the onstar. When I was looking at other tahoes, I only ever noticed one.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one on your drivers side is your Onstar, the other one that looks like a dome is your XM radio antenna, for some reason they had seperate ones, as on my 06, i have one antenna, but both xm and onstar.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so some had the option of having 1 antenna for both the xm and onstar, and others had 2 antenna for the onstar and xm.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so some had the option of having 1 antenna for both the xm and onstar, and others had 2 antenna for the onstar and xm.

sort of, different years. 03-05 had 2 antenna. 00-02 had no XM radio so just the onstar antenna.

06- current, has one antenna for, xm, onstar.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K. That explains it then. We were looking between an '04 - '06. Im guessing everytime I remembered to look we were probably looking at an '06.