Any Experience with Climate Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I have a 2000 SLT Yukon, and I want to relocate my climate control from the dash, under the radio to the center console area where the cassette tape was located. Im not sure what all is involved as far as wire length and are there any vacuum hoses involed. This is a mod I have been giving consideration on so I can make mor room for a double din radio. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I have a 2000 SLT Yukon, and I want to relocate my climate control from the dash, under the radio to the center console area where the cassette tape was located. Im not sure what all is involved as far as wire length and are there any vacuum hoses involed. This is a mod I have been giving consideration on so I can make mor room for a double din radio. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Look under audio. A guy there did what you want to do.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can still install a dd unit w/o relocating the hvac controls. But if you want to relocate the controls anyway, all you need to do is extend the harness. No vacuum lines involved.
Here's the DD unit I installed in my previous 1.5 din opening to give you an idea:

DSC06163.jpg

DanS

Reaction score
what was involved for you to put a DD in a 1.5 space, because the flipout is getting on my nerves plus the DD looks so much cleaner, thanks Dan