Any Red Flags??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97tahoe

Reaction score
This is pretty general but I am wondering if anyone has had or has heard of their battery dying (3x in 2 1/2 yrs) and needing a jump?

I am looking at buying an "07 (36,500k miles)that has had reoccurring issues with dead batteries that the dealer could not diagnos other than eventually to just replace the battery. A month later the vehicle was traded in.

Other work performed:
tire pressure sensor replaced 6/'08
liftgate applique 7/'08
inner tie rod 4/'07
bearing and hub assembly 3/'07
torque converter replaced 9/'06

Anything raise flags??

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a battery run down issue that merely required a PCM update, the dealer should have known about that. The bearing/hub/tierod makes me think they hit something pretty good with one of the wheels.

97tahoe

Reaction score
Ok I do see 3 service updates that were done by the dealer. One was a batt rundown so maybe that was actually fixed.

So since the torque converter was replaced is this something I could somehow double check during test drive or.....?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty general but I am wondering if anyone has had or has heard of their battery dying (3x in 2 1/2 yrs) and needing a jump?....

#07033 fixes that problem. Check the left front side under the hood. A sticker should be affixed there pointing up.

Another common problem is the coil cord on the rear window defroster has been pulling off the glass. The rear hatch replacement is reported to be $800.

I had a cracked cover on my transfer case resulting in almost total loss of fluid.

BTW, both of these were covered under my warranty.

Don't forget the heated washer fluid recall.

Last edited:

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another common problem is the coil cord on the rear window defroster has been pulling off the glass. The rear hatch replacement is reported to be $800.

Don't forget the heated washer fluid recall.

These are the only two problems I have ever had on my suburban.

The dealer fix the wire for the defroster for free.

97tahoe

Reaction score
After searching for over 1 year for an '07, silver, must be cloth, light grey interior and 4 x 4, I have found my Tahoe!!

Asking price was $26k I got them down to 23k but I always feel like I could have gotten a better deal but oh well...........

I have done searches within 200 mile radius and slim pickings when it came to color I wanted so at least I got what I was looking for in the end.

Traded in a '97 so now I can finally jump to the 2007+ forum!!!

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Misery loves company.....congrats........allright...I might have overstated that a little.