Any Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bran's99

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Quick question, does anyone know of any in-dash dvd (single-din) that will support the 6th Gen Ipods without breaking the bank. I know a lot of the lower end manufacturers support the 5th Gen but why pay 500+ for a unit when you could spend half.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of them do. they say they dont, but they tend to be backwards compatible. i have a 3 year old alpine that works with my iPhone and my gfs touch. the new alpines actually DO NOT support the iphone at all. so do your research on each hu itself before you buy.

bran's99

Reaction score
Thanks man. I know the higher ends do. I'm really looking for one that supports the new classic with video because some discriminate that the 5th gen ipods were the true 'video' ipods. But im doin my research and thanks again for the suggestion.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im actually in the same situation as you. not too sure whether or not i want a flip out, or just another normal hu. i'll prolly end up going with a high end pioneer, maybe with a dvd function, n slap some tvs in the back or somethin. gawd... this is gonna be a hard decision for me... good luck. actually, i know it sounds like a bad idea, but Fahrenheit has some new stuff out thats really nice and relatively cheap. they actually make a single din with a DD screeen, just ideas. i was playin with em a few weeks ago. lol.