Anybody had a loose side mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeet

Reaction score
Tahoe's a week old and my wife is telling me that the driver side mirror seems to be loose. I washed it this last weekend and pushed the mirror in to wash the truck. Is that a no-no with power folding mirrors? I wouldn't think so but did I cause this snafu?

Anybody had this?

Thx

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe's a week old and my wife is telling me that the driver side mirror seems to be loose. I washed it this last weekend and pushed the mirror in to wash the truck. Is that a no-no with power folding mirrors? I wouldn't think so but did I cause this snafu?

Anybody had this?

Thx

Try power folding and unfolding the mirrors three times. Worked on my wife's 04 Tahoe.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the entire mirror itself or just the glass?

I had an issue with my drivers side glass shaking ridiculously which resulted in replacing the entire mirror and housing.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not the glass itself...

...but the whole housing, then yes, you just fold and open the mirrors two to three times, and it auto-magically re-aligns the innards appropriately. When I first got my 2004 Denali that happened to me, and I took it back to the dealer for service and everything (mainly for an oil change, but that happened at the same time). I'm surprised they didn't tell me the solution right over the phone, especially since it's right in the owner's manual (yes, believe it or not!)...

skeet

Reaction score
Thanks... I'm out of town and my wife tells me its the mirror itself. I got home tonight and it seems firm... Not sure why it's vibrating.... The passenger is fine she says... Tires are balanced and otherwise the truck is silky smooth.
I sure don't want to have to take it to the dealership after 1 week.

Geez.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's been some issues with mirrors vibrating and I think there's a TSB on it. Your dealer's service should be able to fix.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer doesn't fix it they can always take one from another model.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why it's vibrating.... The passenger is fine she says... Tires are balanced and otherwise the truck is silky smooth.

FYI, I had a wheel balance issue from the factory. Took some time for me to really notice it though -- like almost 5000 miles. My wife is the primary driver, otherwise I'd like to think I'd have noticed it sooner. My front two wheels were each off by about an ounce (significant). When you take it in, you might have them double-check the wheel balance for kicks...

GMCYukonDenali

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the driver’s side mirror. Only the glass appears to noticeably vibrate. Does anyone know any more about a possible TSB?

Thanks.

skeet

Reaction score
Yes... Mines just the glass on the driver side.
Passerger mirror is perfect but you can notice the drivers side.... Just a bit annoying... I guess I'll take it in when something else comes up.