Anyone around OKC with a Hypertech?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tattootrig

Reaction score
Looking for a place to get my '02 hoe reprogrammed. Also, what has been your experience with re-programming? What set-ups are recommended (I would not mind a few more MPGs or a hell of alot of ponies with the same amount of go juice). My truck is mostly stock engine wise... K&N in-box air filter is all I have done so far. Also, should I wait until I add new exhaust? I also might need to re-calibrate the speedo since I am running 20"s now with a much shorter tire.

Thanks

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Trig, I plan to get one as well....
My buddy working next to me just installed his last night on his Dodge diesel, I know it's different, but he said night and day....
you can order one from Jeg's or Summit, and it takes like 5-10 minutes to install. But only expect maybe 10-15 more HP....but yes, that's on my plans 'to do' too :)

tattootrig

Reaction score
Well if you get one, let me know. I would not mind throwing some cash your way to get a tune off of it.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can...see it has memory on it, and it swaps the 'stock' info for the 'good' info, so you can't use it on multiple vehicles...then in order to get it back into the hand held, you have to re-down load stock, which puts the performace mods back into the unit.

tattootrig

Reaction score
DAMN IT! Ok, so I got on craigslist today and found a Hypertech for sale. went out and met the guy, He told me he got it new and had sold the truck before he used it. I asked if it had ever been used and he said no. Well... guess what??? I attempted to hook it up and it tells me something like "error code 6: this **** has been used on some a$$hole$ truck... you are screwed" (I am paraphrasing mind you, but that is what it SHOULD have said). Now I am out the money I spent on the charger I have, AND looks like I still gotta buy one.:mad2:

tattootrig

Reaction score
OK, I just got off the phone with hypertech. Figured out what the error code was.... I got the wrong one. Needed one for a newer model. So, I guess I will put this up on the forums here for someone with an older one.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got off the phone with hypertech. Figured out what the error code was.... I got the wrong one. Needed one for a newer model. So, I guess I will put this up on the forums here for someone with an older one.
so what year is that one you bought for?

tattootrig

Reaction score
a '97. I went over to my dads, turns out it was VIN locked. I do know a guy that will buy it locked for more than I paid, so at least I am not out the money.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks, should have bought the one I had for sale of get a new one online.