Anyone know how to disassemble center arm rest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crhoads

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali. I want to add a light to the center arm rest when I open it. I can do the wiring, but was wondering if anyone has already taken the inner section out of the arm rest. By just removing the 4 screws on the bottom it does not look like it would then lift out. Does anyone know how this comes apart or where I can get something like a Chiltons guide for this truck.

Thanks

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in finding this out too. I was looking into that when doing a recent install in my truck, but it looked like to much work.

Let us know if you figure it out.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to take it out, i want to put an escalade console in because it has the double space rather than just the single space the tahoe has

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you mean splitting the padded part off of the black plastic frame of the armrest piece itself? Or do you want to know how to pull the entire armrest part off of the console? I have taken the entire armrest off twice.....

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to take it out, i want to put an escalade console in because it has the double space rather than just the single space the tahoe has

you need to pull the seats off to remove the center console. The main support brackets attach to each seat (Note: you can use standard 6-sided socket to remove seats, dont worry about the inverted hex-shaped bolts). Then there might be another couple of screws around towards the front (i cant remember). There are also trim pieces that need to be popped off under the dash to gain access.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
it has two consoles a top one for small things and a bigger bottom one