Anyone know how to turn off warning sounds???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dholli

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new here just picked up a 2005 denali xl and today I changed out the head unit to a apline ida x100 to control my ipod and I thought the sounds would be gone but NO!!!

Anyone know how to turn them off or at least down? They are to freakin loud!

I will post pics tomorrow I just put my 24's on today Giovanna Sette's Looks good!!!

notch8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the seatbelt and door dinger? Its turned off through the PCM I think.

dholli

Reaction score
Yeah those damn things are loud!!! PCM what is that can I adjust it???

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd like to know more about sound control, i think my door sounds and stuff are okay but what really drives me nuts is my blinker sound, ive never heard a louder blinker clicking sound in any car ever, i wish i could turn it off

Ojustracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a customer that did the same thing..... every time we get in the truck DONGGGG< DONGGGG!!!!!!!.

I think you have to get a wire harness or something like that. It moves the old radio to under the seat

John

dholli

Reaction score
As far as I know the control was through the dash but I cant figure it out!!! If anyone finds some info post it up

haydash

Reaction score
i'd like to know more about sound control, i think my door sounds and stuff are okay but what really drives me nuts is my blinker sound, ive never heard a louder blinker clicking sound in any car ever, i wish i could turn it off

You should go buy a high quality blinker.

They plug into the fuse panel, and if you get a good one they are quiet.

NightOwl

Reaction score
CHIMES

:thumbsup:
Hey guys I am new here just picked up a 2005 denali xl and today I changed out the head unit to a apline ida x100 to control my ipod and I thought the sounds would be gone but NO!!!

Anyone know how to turn them off or at least down? They are to freakin loud!

I will post pics tomorrow I just put my 24's on today Giovanna Sette's Looks good!!!

This is what you need: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS04/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

Fits your x100 perfect,

dholli

Reaction score
I have the deck installed I used a PAC OS-2BOSE piece and it works well but I still have that damn DONG DONG when the truck starts and also when it is turned off... I need to get rid of that

NightOwl

Reaction score
chimes

I have the deck installed I used a PAC OS-2BOSE piece and it works well but I still have that damn DONG DONG when the truck starts and also when it is turned off... I need to get rid of that

Do you have the optional CM1 chime module ??www.pac-audio.com/instructions/os2bose (2-23-07).pdf

check out the link. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1113&hl=green+wire

Talks about a green wire under the fuse box or steering column to disable the chimes. Other than that I'm not real sure except replace with a different interface brand, like the one from crutchfield. Or pull fuse for chimes??:umn:

dholli

Reaction score
Pulling the fuse might work!!! Will try that today! Here's a picture of my ride
denalipics002.jpg